MOTU application for Emilio Pozuelo Monfort aka pochu

Emmet Hikory emmet.hikory at gmail.com
Sat Dec 29 00:15:12 GMT 2007

On Dec 29, 2007 4:44 AM, Emilio Pozuelo Monfort wrote:
> Consider this as my application to become a MOTU. I've been hanging around out
> there for a while now, working in packages I'm interested, in the Ubuntu Desktop
> Team, and sometimes in random packages (although not very frequently) from the
> Ubuntu Universe. You can see my Launchpad profile in [1].

    Although not listed as a sponsor, I'd like to speak in favour of
Emilio's application.  I've seen a fair number of small patches, and
worked quite a bit with Emilio on WX patching, packaging, and testing.
 Emilio has always shown prompt attention to bug reports for packages
of interest, close coordination with upstream, and a willingness to
tackle quite complex issues to help move towards a solution.  For a
nuymber of the packages modified, there has also been a strong sense
of ownership, to maintain the package as well as it can be maintained,
while still working closely with others as a team, switfy integrating
others changes to the packages with a focus on user experience.  When
Emilio is no longer using a maintained package, he has also shown both
a willingness and ability to recruit others to help keep the packages
in shape.

--
Emmet HIKORY