MOTU Application for Scott Ritchie (again)

Scott Kitterman ubuntu at kitterman.com
Wed Dec 26 06:31:47 GMT 2007

On Sunday 23 December 2007 21:08:12 Scott Ritchie wrote:
> A while ago, I submitted a MOTU application that was rejected largely
> because I had only made major contributions on one package, Wine.
>
> Recently, policy seems to have changed to indicate that this isn't a
> blocking issue anymore; moreover, I have actually been working on other
> packages.
>
> For the past few years I have been maintaining Wine.  My latest packages
> are getting in with minimal changes.
>
> I've also been working on some other packages for the game Spring.
> Spring is currently not in Debian or Ubuntu, as while the game engine
> itself is open source, all of the working mods for the current version
> depend on some non-free content.  This will change soon with the new
> Spring release, where I'll also package up the mods and push them into
> Debian/Ubuntu (I've already made a proper note on the debian-games wiki
> page).
>
> If you want to play around with the spring engine and lobby, you can get
> the packages here: http://spring.clan-sy.com/wiki/SetupGuide#Ubuntu
>
> Anyway, I would like to formally resubmit my MOTU application.  I
> believe the entire council is already familiar with me from my last
> application and endorsements, however I will gladly provide more
> information if it's needed.

I'd like to speak in favor of this application.  I've uploaded a few of
Scott's WINE packages and they've been well done with few/no issues.  I trust
him to ask if he has questions/problems.

I also met Scott at UDS-Boston and that confirmed my opinion of him as someone
who is interested in building up Ubuntu and it's community.

Scott K