MOTU Application

Michael Vogt mvo at ubuntu.com
Wed Dec 19 09:17:51 GMT 2007

On Fri, Nov 30, 2007 at 04:20:07PM +0100, Julian Andres Klode wrote:
[..]
> In Ubuntu, I read bug reports, answer them and merge some of my packages. I worked with mvo and glatzor on
> gnome-app-install (which I maintain in Debian) and mrpouit uploaded dir2ogg for me.
>
> As a MOTU, I will continue to merge my packages, improve the quality of other packages (if the quality is
> bad), and try to improve the connection between Debian and Ubuntu. Being a MOTU would help me to do things
> faster and would allow me to sponsor packages for others.
[..]

I worked with Julian on the command-not-found package and the
gnome-app-install package. He sent me patches and worked to get the
packages into debian. I also sponsored some ndisgtk upload. I'm happy
with his technical and communication skills and his engery.

So I'm happy with him, but I think he would benefit from working with
the MOTU team a bit more and build a stronger relationship with the
existing members.

Julian, thanks for your good work and keep it up!

Cheers,
 Michael