Fwd: Screen Blanking Power Management Requirements

Robert Carr robert.carr at canonical.com
Wed Jun 26 04:25:54 UTC 2013

Right now, upower is used as a point for policy, i.e. "a video is playing
so we will not actually blank the screen". It's possible these interfaces
should be rewired, and the media players should instead talk to the shell,
or some other desktop service, but this isn't our problem :) Mir just needs
to expose the API on the display to implement the policy, everything else
(IPC, configuration... included) lives at the shell level.