Screen Blanking Power Management Requirements

Kevin DuBois kevin.dubois at canonical.com
Mon Jun 24 22:03:43 UTC 2013

I added myself for this requirement here (kgunn/robert_ancell, please move
task if there's a better place):
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/client-1303-mir-phone

The approach sounds sensible. The event should come from somewhere else to
mir.
There is a caveat though, which is that we are not in a good place (from an
architectural position) to control the backlight settings when the screen
turns off. We can pause the mir server and turn the display off easily
enough, but the backlight control should probably be somewhere else.

Cheers,
Kevin