Trying out the Mesa patches for Mir

Simos Xenitellis simos.lists at
Thu Jul 25 00:03:53 UTC 2013

Hi All,

Christopher (Christopher James Halse Rogers) posted a set of 15 patches for
Mesa that adds support for Mir,

I am interested in trying them out on 13.10, according to instructions
similar to

Currently, of the 15 patches, 11 still apply cleanly while the remaining 4
need some (probably easy) manual patching.

I am happy to go through the process and recompile Mesa with the patches.
However, is there anything else that I need to configure on my system so
that it continues to work?
How shall I test that my system works well with the patched Mesa?