Trying out the Mesa patches for Mir

Simos Xenitellis simos.lists at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 25 00:03:53 UTC 2013

Hi All,

Christopher (Christopher James Halse Rogers) posted a set of 15 patches for
Mesa that adds support for Mir,
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/mesa-dev/2013-July/thread.html#42133

I am interested in trying them out on 13.10, according to instructions
similar to
https://plus.google.com/107558083186116705038/posts/61v9sEcoFX5

Currently, of the 15 patches, 11 still apply cleanly while the remaining 4
need some (probably easy) manual patching.

I am happy to go through the process and recompile Mesa with the patches.
However, is there anything else that I need to configure on my system so
that it continues to work?
How shall I test that my system works well with the patched Mesa?

Simos