Compatibility is dead

Daniel van Vugt daniel.van.vugt at
Tue Jul 16 01:20:54 UTC 2013

At the moment, I suspect replacing all destructors:
     virtual ~Foo() = default
     virtual ~Foo() {}
and removing various "noexcept" specifiers, would suffice to retain
gcc-4.7 support.

But I did not propose that change because I know a few people would
oppose it.

Also, there's a chance that we will start using some other C++11 feature
in gcc-4.8 that gcc-4.7 lacks. But working around the above destructor
issue is the primary problem right now.