Improving Our Docs

Robert Ancell robert.ancell at canonical.com
Thu Jul 4 00:02:18 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jul 4, 2013 at 11:34 AM, Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta at fedoraproject.org>wrote:

> Same branches? Really?  It's not clear to me at all. Regardless of who
> said what... so far in this discussion I've seen 3 sets of
> instructions with regard to mesa xserver
>
> To be clear:
> So far in this thread I have been pointed to both
> https://github.com/RAOF/mesa branch egl-platform-mir
> https://github.com/RAOF/xserver branch vladmir
>
> As well as just
> https://github.com/RAOF/mesa
> https://github.com/RAOF/xserver
> with no specific branch indicated.

In the first set I explicitly listed the particular branch in use, in the
second case they are not specified - though they default to the same
branches. vladmir was supposed to be the correct branch for the xserver,
but it was out of date so now the default is vladmir-ubuntu. If it wasn't
confusing, it wouldn't be git.