Bugs

Oliver Ries oliver.ries at canonical.com
Wed Dec 11 10:23:09 UTC 2013

On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 9:18 PM, Daniel van Vugt <
daniel.van.vugt at canonical.com> wrote:

> Yeah, we had a rude shock when people started using XMir last cycle. Bugs
> were piling up against the package tasks for some time, invisible to the
> upstream projects and invisible to mir-team. Now we're aware of it I think
> it's under control.
>
> Anyone who wants to see all Mir bug reports should subscribe to all Mir
> bug sources:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/mir/+bugs
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mir/+bugs
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/xmir/+bugs
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xmir/+bugs
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity-system-compositor/+bugs
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity-system-compositor/+bugs
>
> A bug report in any of those could of course be a Mir bug. Users rarely
> file against the right project/package first time.

just a random comment (oh beware...:)

I think it's flawed if a project (e.g. Mir) does not actively look at the
bugs of it's key consumer (i.e. Ubuntu). I really appreciate Daniel's
effort in triaging all the bug, but that might be an issue if/when he is
going on vacation etc.

@mir-developers, I would suggest that you make this a team effort to
support Daniel in this task.

@Daniel, do you have some documentation to guide new contributors in that
effort? (thinking of coordinated use of states, importance etc)

thx
Olli