[Maas-devel] Python code reorganization

Raphaël Badin raphael.badin at canonical.com
Wed Jun 13 08:28:40 UTC 2012

Le 13/06/2012 10:18, Gavin Panella a écrit :
>> I forgot to say that the goal of this email is to gather feedback about
>> this code reorganisation.  I think this will ease the packaging work a
>> bit but I'd be particularly interested to hear from the packaging guys
>> if they think there is any problem with the proposed reorg.
>
> I'm losing enthusiasm for a big move, now that it's apparent that
> South imposes some restrictions on us. I /now/ think we should leave
> things as they are, except to move apiclient to maas.apiclient or
> something like that. Sorry for flip-flopping on this.

See, that's precisely why I think the reorg is worth it: 'maas' is the
Django project and nothing should go in there.  That's indeed the
problem this reorg wants to tackle: we have no single 'maas' python
module where to put things.

> 2. We may discover a workaround for the South restrictions before we
>    get around to moving anything.

I suggest doing things the other way around: reorg the structure and
then see if we can also rename the 2 existing Django applications using
South.

R.