[lubuntu-users] Fwd: Re: [lubuntu-devel] Lu 20.10 seems to be very slow to boot & log in???

James bjlockie at lockie.ca
Mon Aug 17 15:02:03 UTC 2020

Forwarding to the list, I have no idea.

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	Re: [lubuntu-devel] Lu 20.10 seems to be very slow to boot &
log in???
Date: 	Mon, 17 Aug 2020 07:57:26 -0700
From: 	Fritz Hudnut <este.el.paz at gmail.com>
To: 	James Lockie <bjlockie at lockie.ca>

James:

Seems like running Lu apt yesterday showing some "grub" packages again
wiped grub . . . ???  So cold booting only provided U-MATE . . .
actually doesn't seem any faster than the Lu option . . . .

Since they both are 20.10  I ran what I thought is your suggested
command . . . once after logging in and launching FF . . . then half an
hour later after going thru emails and social media stuff . . . got the
same errors:

"$ systemd-analyze blame
Bootup is not yet finished
(org.freedesktop.systemd1.Manager.FinishTimestampMonotonic=0).
Please try again later.
Hint: Use 'systemctl list-jobs' to see active jobs"

When I get grub straightened out I'll try it in Lu to see what that
provides . . . .

On Sun, Aug 16, 2020 at 7:05 PM James Lockie <bjlockie at lockie.ca