[lubuntu-users] First response to Lu 20.04 alpha LTS live session . . . .

Fritz Hudnut este.el.paz at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 16:23:41 UTC 2019

> 1. Live only
>
> Most linux distros provide hybrid iso files, and they make bootable live
> systems when cloned to a USB pendrive (or SSD or memory card). Cloning
> is the main mode of mkusb.
>
> 2. Persistent live
>
> mkusb can also create persistent live drives, but it is more tricky. It
> is an extracting method designed to work with Ubuntu and the Ubuntu
> family flavours (e.g. Lubuntu) and Debian live. mkusb can also create
> persistent live systems with some distros that are similar enough, for
> example Linux Mint, but it will *not* work with most other linux distros.
>
> ---
>

> Best regards
> Nio

Nio:

Thanks again for the details, all seems clear, but seems like you are
saying that the choice for "cloning" as one of the options is the same as
"live installer"???  I usually use "make a live installer" but saw the
"cloning" option which I thought was for making duplicates, rather than the
regular mode??

Got it on the persistent live as a way to move a bootable system around to
other computers, etc.