[lubuntu-users] contributions (was: 19.4 installer has 8gig minimum disk requirement)

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Mon May 6 10:20:23 UTC 2019

On Sun, 5 May 2019 at 18:11, Mark F <azdays15 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Do you think a forum environment might engender more participation, collaboration, passion, interest, etc?

I don't know, but I can tell you that I won't participate. I loathe
web fora with a passion. Aside from the universally terrible UI, the
lack of threading, the broken quoting, the pointless formatting, the
vast signatures, the multiple different markup formats, and all the
other evils of the medium, any comms system which requires me to go to
umpteen different websites to see what's new via umpteen different UIs
is one I won't use.

I participate in dozens of communities around the internet via my
email client, with one UI, one posting format, one notifications
system, in one place via one tool.

>  They don't have curb appeal?

I don't know what "curb appeal" means.

If anyone has a way to combine mailing lists with web fora, then I
would consider it.