[lubuntu-users] contributions (was: 19.4 installer has 8gig minimum disk requirement)

Mark F azdays15 at gmail.com
Sun May 5 16:10:58 UTC 2019

On Fri, May 3, 2019 at 9:06 PM Walter Lapchynski <wxl at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> it would be certainly easier if we had more help…

> Most of what the Lubuntu Team is
> doing is providing support, creating documentation, reporting and
> triaging bugs, testing images and fixes, creating graphics, and
> packaging. Plus, we're happy to provide support for those that want to
> learn more. That said, there's a place for *everyone*.

Do you think a forum environment might engender more participation,
collaboration, passion, interest, etc?

I've been hanging out on the Mint, Peppermint and MX Linux forums. The
amount of activity there is vastly greater than here. I don't know if that
translates into the productive things you mention. But, there seems to be a
vastly greater level of passion and participation. I have to believe it's
the collaboration platform making the difference(?).

Mailing lists are easier than visiting forums to look for replies. (It
seems like some forums could use rss feeds to monitor like an email
inbox?).  But, if they're a barrier to attracting people... maybe a forum
would be better?

Ubuntu has a support forum. It gets a lot of participation too. Compared to
this mailing list, it seems like it must be the nature of mailing lists?
They don't have curb appeal?