[lubuntu-users] Cosmic Lu - NEXT 18.10 -- bug reports filed

Walter Lapchynski wxl at ubuntu.com
Wed Oct 17 23:26:15 UTC 2018

On 2018-10-17 10:18, Fritz Hudnut wrote:
> lxqt-panel:
>   Installed: 0.13.0-0ubuntu5

This is the sort of information that should be included in a bug report
and stuff that will be automatically picked up by `ubuntu-bug`.

> OK, small price to pay for the time saving of upgrading out of a proto
> version . . . not enough of an issue to justify running a fresh
> install and setting everything up again . . . .

Small price to pay? I mean all these emails/bug reports aren't saving
any time. I'd suggest putting $HOME on a separate partition, installing
to another partition, moving the LXQt-specific $HOME/.config bits away,
and then booting the system. Find the differences between the config
files and patch them. Wouldn't take long at all and it would be way more
error free.

> If there might be
> some way of fiddling with the panel in some way I would try to
> edit/modify something to get the panel to just "be" at the top when I
> log in I would make the effort on it.

One thing I'd probably do is move the config file, restart the panel to
create a new one and then edit it to go to the top. If that works, then
just compare the two config files and add in your specific requirements
one by one.
--
       @wxl | polka.bike
C563 CAC5 8BE1 2F22 A49D