[lubuntu-users] Desktop crashing (18.04)?

Walter Lapchynski wxl at ubuntu.com
Sun Nov 25 23:28:37 UTC 2018

On Sun, Nov 25, 2018 at 10:50:10AM -0700, Mark F wrote:
> Ever since I upgraded to LTS 18.04, PCmanfm crashes every 3-4 days
> (sometimes more than once a day. Sometimes it takes two weeks.).[1]

I have not had the experience you have had, nor have many others, but
there are some people reporting a similar problem. I've struggled to try
to make some sense out of it, but not being able to reproduce it, it's a
bit hard. That said, if you could add to the discussion in some way,
maybe put your heads together with the 7 other folks that claim to have
the same issue, that might be useful:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pcmanfm/+bug/1782984

> I could live with it until
> 19.04 when I might make the upgrade to the Qt version if it's ready for
> prime time then.

18.10 is already ready for primetime. Why wait?

--
       @wxl | polka.bike
C563 CAC5 8BE1 2F22 A49D