[lubuntu-users] Lubuntu 18.04 slow boot and shutdown

Fritz Hudnut este.el.paz at gmail.com
Tue May 15 18:43:24 UTC 2018

Walter, et al:

So, does that have any real "meaning" in the day to day use and/or
installation . . . ??  Would having a swap partition already there create
some problem for post 18.04 installations as far as the new file method is
concerned?  Is the swap file placed in the swap partition?

Over the last few years I have checked "swap" activity in routine use of
sevreal computers, both PPC and Intel Macs . . . and I don't think I ever
saw much use of "swap" if any . . . so I have wondered whether it was even
"needed."  But, still the installers seem to look for the swap partition,
and in my multi-boot situation of 4 linux distros, 2 ubuntu, 2 OpenSUSE and
3 OSX . . . it seems like the last system "grabs" the swap and it does
cause a very slow boot up process for all the other installs . . . have to
link the swap "manually" . . . .

This may or may not relate to what the OP is experiencing . . . .  Perhaps
if there is the opportunity for a completely fresh install into a fairly
empty HD so that "automatic--install alongside" method could be used it
might be interesting to note what that looks like on Gparted ???  Something
to do on a rainy day in non-rainy SoCal . . . .