[lubuntu-users] Bionic B Lu 18.04 Testing . . .

Fritz Hudnut este.el.paz at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 16:06:54 UTC 2018

Just to report over here, I did try to install Lu 18.04 to hard disk as
previously mentioned on the Mac pro '12, and after three "failed to
install" of various types I did get a boot-able install running.

The first install crashed using the "try Lubuntu" option from the LiveDVD,
after the "copying the files" part went to "installing the system" and I
filed a bug report #1757016" which one of the devs says is a "duplicate" of
another bug, and the second and third attempts to install both "crashed the
installer" when it got to the "install grub2" part.  The first time I
thought it was because I was installing the system to sdb and I wanted the
grub installed to efi on sda . . . but, when I switched it to everything on
sdb it crashed as well.

I have a number of linux iterations installed on the two int HDs and
possibly there was "no room" for another grub install, or it wasn't
"needed" . . . anyway, installer crashed 3x, but after shutting down and
rebooting the old grub install "found" the lubuntu and all the other
systems . . . and we have lift-off in Lu 18.04 . . . ran update/upgrade . .
. somewhere in there another bug report was generated for some issue with
"shim-signed" package . . . bug report #1744424 was generated.