[lubuntu-users] netboot failing to install

Ian Bruntlett ian.bruntlett at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 21:30:31 UTC 2017

Hi Walter,

On 25 November 2017 at 21:44, Walter Lapchynski <wxl at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> On November 25, 2017 12:14:56 PM PST, Ian Bruntlett <
> ian.bruntlett at gmail.com> wrote:
> >When the computer is "Loading additional components" I get the error
> >message:-
> >"The installer failed to install a file from the mirror".
>
> Get the logs (try another virtual terminal) and confirm which one it is
> and confirm that file exists at the mirrors. It could be the folder
> hierarchy has changed. Unlikely, but possible.

Thanks for that. This is what I saw (amongst other things):-
DEBUG: retrieving nic-firmware 1.157.13
Cannot write to /var/cache/anna/nic-firmware_1.157.13_all.udeb (No such
file or directory)

The hard drive had been recently wiped - not even the partition table
remained. This was why I said I could not run apport. Maybe it is
worthwhile coming up with an apport live CD? One idea I had was to use a
GPartEd Live CD to create a partition table and a swap partition and then
try to run the install.

I _think_ the installer ran out of memory. I have a second system to work
on some time and will see if I can find out more.

BW,

Ian

-- Free Software page -
https://sites.google.com/site/ianbruntlett/home/free-software