[lubuntu-users] netboot failing to install

Walter Lapchynski wxl at ubuntu.com
Sat Nov 25 21:44:45 UTC 2017

On November 25, 2017 12:14:56 PM PST, Ian Bruntlett <ian.bruntlett at gmail.com> wrote:
>When the computer is "Loading additional components" I get the error
>message:-
>"The installer failed to install a file from the mirror".

Get the logs (try another virtual terminal) and confirm which one it is and confirm that file exists at the mirrors. It could be the folder hierarchy has changed. Unlikely, but possible.

> and I have tried these three mirrors:-
>archive.ubuntu.com
>gb.archive.ubntu.com
>fr.archive.ubuntu.com

Are you sure you can connect to port 80 at each of these mirrors? It might be a general networking issue.

>Obviously I can't run one of
>the
>apport commands

You can. There's an [offline mode][1].