[lubuntu-users] Drivers for Brother printer/scanner DCP 7010L

Barry Titterton titterton.barry at gmail.com
Fri Jul 14 20:33:36 UTC 2017

On 12/07/17 16:04, Radim Posladek wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> I was wondering if anybody knows where to get hold of drivers
> for Brother printer for Lubuntu 16.04.
>
> I already contacted Brother customer support, however they
> were unable to answer my request.
>
> As soon as I plug in my printer via USB port into laptop, the system
> does not recognise this device.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Regards,
>
> Radim

Hi Radim,

Here is the english language version of the driver page, it is for a
similar model but the drivers should work:-

http://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadlist.aspx?c=gb&lang=en&prod=dcp7010_eu_as&os=128

If you get stuck there is more general information on linux drivers here:-

http://support.brother.com/g/s/id/linux/en/index.html?c=us_ot&lang=en&comple=on&redirect=on

The general linux information pages can be a bit out of date but things
seem to work with the latest versions of Ubuntu. I have a Brother
multi-function printer, and both printing and scanning work well on
Ubuntu 16.04 when using the drivers from the Brother site.

Cheers,
Barry T