[lubuntu-users] Audio alarms in my crontab delayed from playing

Tony K. tony.kruse at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 05:12:14 UTC 2017

I've recently moved to a new computer build (Intel NUC) loaded with Lubuntu
16.04.  I have previously been running Lubuntu on older hardware, but
didn't have the following problem until the new build.

In my crontab, I have various audio alarms set to be played at specific
times during the day as reminders. I'm having a problem with the commands
appear to be delayed if other programs are playing other audio apps. Is
there a setting that I can change so that the cron set audio commands will
play on time and not be delayed?