[lubuntu-users] TPM tpm_tis error (7)

scrooyahoo at riseup.net scrooyahoo at riseup.net
Wed Jan 4 21:26:35 UTC 2017

A quick question,

After having connected to a free WiFI Hotspot (from a hospital) I get
tpm_tis error (7) at boot.

I'm not sure if this is related in any way but the timing of the 2 seems
to be related to me.
Now when the laptop wakes up it can't establish a wifi link, but after a
reboot (now with the tpm_tis error) then it connects to the wifi hotspot
without issues.

It's just irritating that I need to save all open documents, reboot, and
open all applications again..

After wake from sleep it does not help to toggle Networking off and on,
or to toggle wifi. It just doesn't want to connect.
There are no new packages installed, nor are there configuration
changes. The only difference is the hospital WiFi.

Is there a relation between WiFi and TPM or is this pure coincidence?
Is there a quick fix?