[lubuntu-users] Lubuntu 16.04.1 Live causes overheating in a MacBook Pro C2D

Thu Sep 1 21:58:33 UTC 2016

On 09/01/2016 12:45 PM, scrooyahoo at riseup.net wrote:
> Today i tried Lubuntu 16.04.1 on a friends 2007 MacBook Pro
>
> I got as far as Grub, and a warning message that it shut down 1 core
> due to overheating. :-D oops!
>
> Is there anyone who has managed to run the Lubuntu LiveUSB on one of
> these machines, or even install Lubuntu 16.04?

I installed Lubuntu 16.04 on two different MacBooks (not the 'Pro'
version), one 64-bit, and the other 32-bit.  That is 16.04 as opposed to
16.04.1.  I did not encounter any difficulties.  With Lubuntu, I always
install the 32-bit OS.

But I don't remember if I did a clean install, or if I upgraded from
15.10.  My best guess is that I upgraded, now that I think of it.

The systems work fine, and the 64-bit machine is even one of my music
performance machines.

The machine's fan seems to run more when I use Mac OS X, than when I run
Lubuntu.

I also have a Ubuntu Unity (64-bit) partition on the 64-bit machine,
which works fine (it's my backup system on that machine).

--
Sincerely,
Aere