[lubuntu-users] Lubuntu 16.04.1 Live causes overheating in a MacBook Pro C2D

Fritz Hudnut este.el.paz at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 23:45:13 UTC 2016

Subject: [lubuntu-users] Lubuntu 16.04.1 Live causes overheating in a
>         MacBook Pro C2D
>
> Today i tried Lubuntu 16.04.1 on a friends 2007 MacBook Pro
>
> I got as far as Grub, and a warning message that it shut down 1 core due
> to overheating. :-D oops!
>
> Is there anyone who has managed to run the Lubuntu LiveUSB on one of
> these machines, or even install Lubuntu 16.04?

@scrooyahoo:

This is a "known issue" which is mentioned in a sticky on the Ubuntu apple
users sub-forum . . . i.e., Intel Macs running "hot" . . . on the basic
ubuntu-ish OS's.  I have now, in process of upgrading my '09 MBPro C2D to
LM 18 as we speak . . . fan blowing loudly throughout the several hour
upgrade process . . . .  I used "macfancntrl" . . . which does get a bit
"technical" so I didn't have temp guidelines to set params with . . . just
deleted the "high" and "low" temps that the sensors were "reading" . . .
and it is "OK."

I did have Lu 14 installed for awhile on it . . . all of the linux OSs run
"warmer" than OSX, so my experience varies from Aere's in that respect.  I
believe 16 is supposed to be "cooler" than 14 . . . .

I see that HH's link goes to an app that is for Linux 3.3??  but I think 18
is now going to 4???