[lubuntu-users] [lubuntu-devel] Let us discuss: Lubuntu alternate iso files are oversized for CD disks

Ian Bruntlett ian.bruntlett at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 15:49:11 UTC 2016

Hi Nio,

On 1 June 2016 at 12:57, Nio Wiklund <nio.wiklund at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Lubuntuers,
>
> Let us discuss the problem that the current Lubuntu alternate iso files
> are oversized for CD disks. I filed a bug report about it, but it has not
> generated much heat.
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lubuntu-meta/+bug/1572429
>
> Do you want to make an effort to create a CD sized alternate iso file, or
> is it time for Lubuntu to abandon those old computers, that only boot from
> CD?

When it comes to old systems, as time goes by, I have fewer and fewer older
systems to deal with that demand an O.S. image that fits on a CD. Being
able to boot from CD is helpful but I have an external USB DVD writer that
I currently use to install Lubuntu on a Samsung NC10 NetBook that doesn't
even have a CD drive.

Being able to use an old system is still important to me. So the "386" isoe
are vital for the Samsung NC10 and 2 friend's laptops that have Pentium M
processors in them.

BW,

Ian

-- Free Software page -