[lubuntu-users] Let us discuss: Lubuntu alternate iso files are oversized for CD disks

Nio Wiklund nio.wiklund at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 11:57:58 UTC 2016

Hi Lubuntuers,

Let us discuss the problem that the current Lubuntu alternate iso files
are oversized for CD disks. I filed a bug report about it, but it has
not generated much heat.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lubuntu-meta/+bug/1572429

Do you want to make an effort to create a CD sized alternate iso file,
or is it time for Lubuntu to abandon those old computers, that only boot
from CD?

We can suggest to try booting via Plop and a USB boot drive
(chainloading after Plop has supplied a USB driver).

Best regards
Nio