[lubuntu-users] Firefox playing flash

Sat Jul 16 17:55:28 UTC 2016

On 07/16/2016 10:43 AM, Ian Bruntlett wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm testing a system that has had problems with the i915 graphics
> driver in the past. At the moment it is running Lubuntu 16.04 LTS
> GNU/Linux and everything is fine.
>
> However, I haven't activated flash playback in Firefox, yet. In the
> run up to Firefox 47 (I think), I was led to believe that Flash files
> would be natively handled using HTML5.
>
> That doesn't seem to have happened. I've looked in Firefox's Tools ->
> Add-ons and searching for "Shockwave Flash" yields 98 results.Not too
> sure which one to try.
>
> For security reasons, I disabled Flash playback on computers.
>
> Can anyone advise me what to do next?
>
> TIA,
>

> Ian
>
> --
> -- ACCU - Professionalism in programming - http://www.accu.org
> -- My writing - https://sites.google.com/site/ianbruntlett/
> -- Free Software page -
> https://sites.google.com/site/ianbruntlett/home/free-software

Ian:

There is a package in the Ubuntu repository called
flashplugin-instcaller, which (after you install it) will install the
flash-plugin version for Linux on your machine, which then works in
FireFox.

I have been using that successfully on all of my machines, and to my
knowledge, with no problems.

--
Sincerely,
Aere