[lubuntu-users] Firefox playing flash

Ian Bruntlett ian.bruntlett at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 16:43:20 UTC 2016

Hi,

I'm testing a system that has had problems with the i915 graphics driver in
the past. At the moment it is running Lubuntu 16.04 LTS GNU/Linux and
everything is fine.

However, I haven't activated flash playback in Firefox, yet. In the run up
to Firefox 47 (I think), I was led to believe that Flash files would be
natively handled using HTML5.

That doesn't seem to have happened. I've looked in Firefox's Tools ->
Add-ons and searching for "Shockwave Flash" yields 98 results.Not too sure
which one to try.

For security reasons, I disabled Flash playback on computers.

Can anyone advise me what to do next?

TIA,

Ian

-- Free Software page -