[lubuntu-users] (no subject)

Mon Jan 25 16:23:35 UTC 2016

Your machine has plenty of speed and memory for Lubuntu.  It would be
insufficient for the main Ubuntu version, or for Kubuntu possibly.
Lubuntu, Xubuntu, Ubuntu Mate, and probably UbuntuStudio should work
fine on it.  I prefer Lubuntu.

It's probably best to install Lubuntu 15.10, and upgrade to 16.04 this
spring.

To install, create a live (bootable) USB drive.  Use UNetBootin (you'll
have to install it) to create the bootable USB.  The live USB creator
provided (Startup Disk Creator) is notoriously unreliable.

- Aere

--
Sincerely,
Aere