[lubuntu-users] lubuntu and printers

Andre Campos Rodovalho andre.rodovalho at gmail.com
Mon Feb 29 11:54:57 UTC 2016

Where I work I use lots of different printing machines with Linux. 97% of
the PCs here runs Lubuntu Linux (Ubuntu Server + Lubuntu-Desktop).

I have expirience with HP, Brother, Epson, Samsung, Oki and Intermec (by
Honeywell). I can say printing with Linux is not a big deal. All decent
brands offer Linux printing drivers (for CUPS - that most of time is the
same for MACOS). Printer drivers is the only thing you need to have to use
it. HPLIP is a package with almost all printer drivers from HP, most of
other brands offer a package with Linux drivers on their websites.

> menu -> System tools there is a "Printers"
You can use this tool for setting up any printer that has drivers on your
system, but there is other forms to do it. Stick to the basics and use this
one...