[lubuntu-users] lubuntu and printers

Ian Bruntlett ian.bruntlett at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 20:11:50 UTC 2016

Hi There,

Recently I've only used HP printers. It is very easy to use them as long as
you have the package hplip and all its dependencies installed.

I've been spoilt by hplip so I'm clueless about installing other printers.
In lubuntu, under swift menu -> System tools there is a "Printers" option
for managing printers. Has anyone used this? What kind of results did you
get?

I'm asking because someone who got a Lubuntu PC from Contact's PC
refurbishment project is interested in using her new printer (no other
details available yet).

TIA,

Ian

-- Free Software page -