[lubuntu-users] Autostart exe in wine

Israel israeldahl at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 12:40:47 UTC 2016

On 08/28/2016 01:50 AM, Andrew Turner wrote:
> Hello,
> I am new to Lubuntu have read as much as I can about this but still
> have not mastered it. I understand very little.
> Custom Desktop Logo is a little app that does not install as far as I
> can work out ,just runs from the exe when I want to use it.
> I would like it to run on start up.
> I include a couple of pics to show where it is and what it looks like
> when it is running.
> Could someone give me the command for the terminal or tell me in
> simple language what I need to do please to get it to start when I
> boot so I can just click the little lemon icon when I need to use it.
> I am a recent escapee from microsoft and find Lubuntu for me by far
> the best replacent for widows which when I have learned a little more
> I am looking forward to booting into touch.
> Thanks in advance to anyone who can assist.

Hi Andrew,

http://wiki.lxde.org/en/LXSession#Autostarted_applications_using_lxsession

This describes how to start things automatically in LXDE (Lubuntu)

It is much the same for all desktop environments.

You make a folder (if it doesn't exist already)

~/.config/autostart

where ~ is shorthand for your home directory (/home//username/ )

Then you save a desktop file in that directory.

Here are the really in depth details about those files.

https://specifications.freedesktop.org/desktop-entry-spec/latest/

The program

lxshortcut

can make a simple desktop file pretty easily.

If you installed the program in wine, it should automatically create a
desktop file for that program, which should be hidden in:

~/.local/share/applications/

if you find the wine desktop file for that program, just copy it to your
~/.config/autostart

This will now 'just work'

If you have more questions please just ask!