[lubuntu-users] Trouble installing 16.04 via live USB, hard drive prob?

Wed Aug 10 16:33:45 UTC 2016

On 08/10/2016 01:58 AM, Marlon Ng wrote:
> The disk is 1TB, but the partition for lubuntu installation is 40gb
> only.  Before the installation (or right after formatting the
> partition to ext4), 800mb of space was already used up.  I asked if
> the 800mb initial used space is normal.
Marlon:

The process of formatting and creating the file system uses disk space,
and is a small percentage of the total available space of the
partition.  Also, any 'bad-spots' detected during formatting (and
excluded from file allocation) are included in that initially-used space.

--
Sincerely,
Aere