Lubuntu 15.04 64 bit Problem with Desktop Shortcuts

Tue Jun 2 16:31:42 UTC 2015

On 06/02/2015 10:20 AM, Fritz Hudnut wrote:
> I'm, um, feeling very minimized . . . hence my use of the "mini"
> installer . . . .  But, yeah, I think in my last round of posts you
> mentioned that your installs had gone well . . . hard to know if this
> is PPC exclusive, but from the ubuntu forum thread I'm not the only
> PPC user who found problems with 15.04 . . . .  I'm willing to futz
> around a bit to get a system working, but, very basic requirement . .
> . installer has to work . . . and I'm more in the GUI speed user, but,
> failing that, a TTY is second requirement . . . .  And, other irritant
> was 3 or 4 downloads to get a matching md5sum number . . . the
> "resistance" level in 15.04 to PPC users is "defcon4" . . . um, "high."
>
> So, getting back to the OP, not too much to add, but, for us in PPC in
> >12.04, we need to add an xorg.conf file or otherwise strange
> behaviors manifest . . . GUI freeze, clicking on stuff does nothing,
> etc.  Don't know if that would help in this case . . . .
Fritz:

+1

I totally sympathize with your situation, and admire your steadfast
determination (in the face of huge odds) to succeed with PPC.  I doubt I
would have continued in the face of such odds.

None of my testing was with PPC.  I did perform two installs on Mac OS X
MacBook machines, and the systems installed there are not free of
problems, but at least the install went okay.

--
Sincerely,
Aere