Lubuntu 15.04 64 bit Problem with Desktop Shortcuts

Fritz Hudnut este.el.paz at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 16:20:54 UTC 2015

AG:

I'm, um, feeling very minimized . . . hence my use of the "mini" installer
. . . .  But, yeah, I think in my last round of posts you mentioned that
your installs had gone well . . . hard to know if this is PPC exclusive,
but from the ubuntu forum thread I'm not the only PPC user who found
problems with 15.04 . . . .  I'm willing to futz around a bit to get a
system working, but, very basic requirement . . . installer has to work . .
. and I'm more in the GUI speed user, but, failing that, a TTY is second
requirement . . . .  And, other irritant was 3 or 4 downloads to get a
matching md5sum number . . . the "resistance" level in 15.04 to PPC users
is "defcon4" . . . um, "high."

So, getting back to the OP, not too much to add, but, for us in PPC in
>12.04, we need to add an xorg.conf file or otherwise strange behaviors
manifest . . . GUI freeze, clicking on stuff does nothing, etc.  Don't know
if that would help in this case . . . .