GUI update for ClamTk Antivirus

Israel israeldahl at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 12:55:05 UTC 2015

Hi!
You should not 'worry' about viruses.  You should take steps to use the
internet in a safe responsible manner.  And Lubuntu by default is better
at this that Windows XP.  You can install software only from TRUSTED
sources in the Software Center ONLY by using your password.
You can install from things outside of the trusted sources, but you know
that they are not trusted, or you trust the person/company enough to
install their program.

That said ClamTK is nice if you are connecting USB drives from friends
that use Windows... you can clean their drive and let them know they
have a virus.  /Most/ security issues with GNU/Linux are patched in a
day or two of being found.

If you keep your machine up to date, and do not install from untrusted
sources you will have very few issues with your machine having
viruses/vulnerabilities.  There are actually very few destructive
viruses for our OS... the real threat is security vulnerabilities, which
is why you need to update your machine, to keep those risks at a minimum.

Firewalls are fine to use.  I have usually used ufw, but gufw should be
fairly simple to use.

I am sure others have some great feedback