Loss of keyboard functionality with Google Chrome and Lubuntu 14.4.1

Marc Tremblay mtremblay at lbpsb.qc.ca
Mon Jan 5 20:26:18 UTC 2015

Good afternoon and Happy New Year to everyone!

I have ran into a strange problem in three of our computer labs that are using 14.4.1 LTS. When using Google Chrome, the keyboard stops functioning after several keystrokes. This only seems to happen while using Google Chrome and does not occur using Firefox or any other browser. We are a GAFE School board so we primarily use Google Chrome as our browser.

Would anyone have a quick solution for this? One site suggested that I change the input method from IBUS to something else but I can't seem to figure out where to change this setting.

Thank you

Marc Tremblay
Educational Services Dept
Lester B. Pearson School Board