Lubuntu Trusty Tahr 14.04.2 now available

Israel israeldahl at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 16:41:00 UTC 2015

Hi,
There is an alternative method for installing on Low memory computers
already.
This is OBI
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/OBI
https://launchpad.net/one-button-installer

I'd be glad to help, and I'm sure Nio, the developer, would be willing
to help as well.
It is much different method of installing (AFAIK ubiquity makes a chroot
and installs).
OBI has very low memory requirements.  The lowest I have personally
tested is 128MB, and it works fine from the live environment.  I think
OBI uses about 30-40MB MB RAM at its peak (during the actual copying).
I was running ToriOS which runs in about 60-70MB RAM on average, so I
still had RAM to spare.

Anyhow, I'd also be interested in an alternative to ubiquity for
installing in the debian installer fashion.  A dialog, or FLTK version
would be much smaller.