Lubuntu Trusty Tahr 14.04.2 now available

Walter Lapchynski wxl at ubuntu.com
Sat Feb 21 01:56:33 UTC 2015

Oooh look a fancy press release by the Comms Team this time! Thanks silverlion!

= Lubuntu Press-Department: Breaking news =

== Lubuntu 14.04.2 available ==

Lubuntu developers are proud to announce that – with a delay of two
weeks – version 14.04.2 of the fast and lightweight operating system
is now available for download via [this link][1].

Release-Manager Walter Lapchynski explains: “We had to delay the
release for two weeks because of problems with X meta-packages which
caused us numerous re-spins. But we wanted to do it right in order to
maintain stability of existing installations and – on the other hand -
roll up accumulated stable updates into updated images to reduce
download requirements for new deployments.”

Jens Leineweber, Head of Lubuntu Press-Department, adds in: “And
because we want our users to experience a stable environment even for
computers with low resources, we decided to not release a .2 version
of the alternate installation. That's due to the fact, that we were
not able to fix all the bugs brought to our attention.”

One major issue the team is fighting with is the debian-installer that
causes troubles. Once again Walter Lapchynski: “We've been asked a lot
lately to stop doing alternates in lieu of netboot, but that's not
really a good solution.” The Lubuntu team will now team up with the
Ubuntu Release-Team and Servers Team to develop a possible low
resource version of the ubiquity installer.

CAUTION: Before you install Lubuntu, we advice you to have a read of
the [Release-Notes][2]!

[1]: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Lubuntu/GetLubuntu/LTS
[2]: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/TrustyTahr/ReleaseNotes
--