Fwd: [Lubuntu-admins] 15.04 - Installation Experience

Nio Wiklund nio.wiklund at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 04:00:07 UTC 2015

Den 2015-04-28 22:06, Aere Greenway skrev:
> On 04/28/2015 01:42 PM, Nio Wiklund wrote:
>> In fact, when I mount the drive on my system after that, it is mounted
>> >read-only.
>> >
> Nio:
>
> Beware that this particular drive is now always treated as read-only,
> and after trying with gparted for over an hour, I cannot change that.  I
> cannot reformat it, nor delete its partitions, nor create a new
> partition table on it.
>
> This drive (an sdd card in a mounting that plugs into a USB port)
> appears to be permanently ruined.

Hi Aere,

I'll try with a cheap pendrive.

By the way, have you tried to wipe that sdd card with mkusb? That way it
is possible to recover from some 'read-only states' but of course not
from all of them. If your card is 'gridlocked' I think it is gone. See
this link

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2196858&p=13199297#post13199297

Best regards
Nio