Lost my GUI in 14.10

Israel israeldahl at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 13:34:36 UTC 2014

Hi Basil,
I generally do a 'clean' install for each new release.
I usually keep my /home in a separate partition,
and simply reinstall using a Live USB.

You could try simply updating your system from a terminal

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade

or perhaps.

sudo do-release-upgrade

Of course you may need to move your configuration files to a backup, and
let the current system re-make them for you.

If you have an issue, we would like to help if we can :)