GDbus error . . . .

Fritz Hudnut este.el.paz at gmail.com
Sat Nov 29 15:33:57 UTC 2014

On Sat, Nov 29, 2014 at 4:00 AM, <lubuntu-users-request at lists.ubuntu.com>
wrote:

> Message: 4
> Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2014 13:15:19 -0600
> From: mikodo <michaelodonnell at shaw.ca>
>
> I tried to use your .iso prototype a couple of days ago. I wasn't able
> to get it to install. I was given the message:
>
> (GDBus.ERROR:org.freedesktop.DBUS.Error.ServiceUnknown:
> The Name org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1 was not provided by any .service files)

@Israel:  Thanks for the ideas, I'm on digest so just getting them now,
have to play with it tomorrow.  But, replying to say that I also have seen
this "GDBus/freedesktop" error lately . . . I believe in the pre-splash
error list, along with the "radeon" error . . . or in the command line
after trying "sudo start lightdm" or something like that . . . which the
reply was "lightdm is already in service" . . . .  I tried "start
freedesktop" . . . got the reply "No idea what you are talking about,
something like that . . . .