Configuring sound output on Lubuntu 14.4

Wed Nov 19 16:48:32 UTC 2014

On 11/19/2014 09:38 AM, Aere Greenway wrote:
> On 11/19/2014 12:37 AM, farinet at arcor.de wrote:
>> But no sound in browser, mplayer etc. etc. With pulseaudio and
>> pavucontrol i could sort that out. Indeed, a coherent sound settings
>> manager (like network-manager or so) would be really very very nice!
>
> All:
>
> For a future release of lubuntu, based on the above experience, as
> well as my own experience, I recommend either a stand-alone settings
> manager for sound (the other Ubuntu variants each have their own), or
> lacking that, the inclusion of both the pulseaudio and pavucontrol
> packages in Lubuntu.

Since Lubuntu is moving to QT, there is a mixer I like to use, which has
the capability of manipulating a huge variety (all?) of the sound-card
controls, including the "Synth" control of a Soundblaster Live
sound-card (which always has to be raised from its default setting).

Please check out (and evaluate for inclusion in Lubuntu) the "qasmixer"
package.  It also has some companion packages, "qasconfig" and
"qashctl".  So far, I have been using only "qasmixer".

--
Sincerely,
Aere