Overcoming the 4Gib limit

Eric Bradshaw ericbradshaw at computers4christians.org
Mon Nov 17 20:20:40 UTC 2014

[Snip]
>4. They've overcome the 4GB iso limit! I've created several isos larger than 4GB that are both live and successfully install a working system too.
>
>Eric Bradshaw

Eric, I've been following this discussion with interest.  Although I'm
actually using Ubuntu and not Lubuntu.  I've been looking (on and off) for
something that would do what the old remastersys (or was sysremaster?) used
to do.  I found Systemback from a link in the discussion on the Lubuntu
list.
I'm running 64 bit Ubuntu 14.04 and for the life of me cannot figure out
how to get an .iso file larger than 4GB.  I end up with a tar file called
.sblive

I was able to put the .sblive file on a pen drive and boot from the pen
drive, but did not see any way to install Ubuntu from the Live Pen drive.

On my system the convert to ISO option is grayed out.  How are you going
from tar.sblive to .iso?

Thank you

--
John

John Niendorf
Nedre Gruvrisvägen 32A
79156 Falun
Sweden
Tel: 073-047 54 46
International +46 73-047 54 46

John,

Ubuntu should work fine for this. The lack of clear (or most any) documentation is likely the culprit. I also find screenshots help a great deal. The .sblive file Systemback creates should make the "Convert to ISO" button available as soon as it (the .sblive file) is selected on the left pane. Now, it may be the button is grayed-out the first time around and you have to quit and open Systemback again. I did this the first time anyway because I didn't even know what a .sblive file was and was frantically searching online. When I opened Systemback and selected the .sblive file I'd already created on the left pane of the program, I noticed the "Convert to ISO" button was available to be pressed. I had never even noticed the button at all the first time around.

Eric Bradshaw

--

Thank You,
God Bless,