Panel disappears after full screen windows

Florian Coste fcoste21 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 18:40:58 UTC 2014

Hi,

I'm a new user of Lubuntu 14.10, and I've made two installations of it two
weeks ago. It works very well on a desktop computer, but I've some problems
with a very small netbook.

Concerning speed, the desktop computer works fine, I've only slowing down
when I'm going to interent, but it's fine. I've more problems with my
netbook. Specifications of this laptop are :

Asus EeePC 1001PX
Intel Atom CPU N450 (1.66Ghz), architecture i686
VGA Compatible controller : Intel Corporation Atom Processor
D4xx/D5xx/N4xx/N5xx

I figure that the graphic card and processor (only 1.66Ghz) are responsible
for some slowing downs, aren't they ?

But, I've a more annoying problem with this laptop. Indeed, the panel
disappears after some actions that I will describe you.

1) After booting, everything is ok, my panel is well here
2) Open Firefox window in full screen (setted it by default because of
small screen). Panel has disappeared, but it's normal, it's full screen. If
I desactive full screen (with F11), panel is here, so it's good.
3) I'm back on my desktop with Super+D
4) The panel has disappeared !
5) I use Alt+Tab in order to go back to my firefox window
6) I use again Alt+Tab, and...surprise, a new icon 'panel' is here ! If I
select it, my panel is come back !

I've noted that this behaviour is only with full screen Firefox. I really
need of full screen option, because of my small size of screen.

In panel configuration, this is what I've setted. In advanced options, I've
only checked "Reserve space, and prevent maximized windows to cover it"
(It's translated from French, so, it could be no perfect match).

Before this problem, I had another problem (grey panel on the top of
screen). I've made "delete this panel", and it had destroyed panel in back
of screen (the default panel). So, what I've made in order to recreate
panel was :     sudo cp /usr/share/lxpanel/profile/Lubuntu/panels/panel
~/.config/lxpanel/Lubuntu/panels

I've compared with my desktop computer, and this file seem to be the same.

Could you help to fix this problem, please ?

Thank you so much.