lubuntu ppc: no sound in newer kernels (@Israel)

Israel israeldahl at gmail.com
Sun May 25 04:57:07 UTC 2014

Hi,
You might need snd-aoa-codec-onyx
This is an issue I am still trying to fully understand myself.
There are some models that wont work at all, without hacking things...
but since yours works, then you must be very close to getting it fully
fixed!
Not sure why using snd-powermac will make it work.  That actually
shouldn't happen :)
The other one to try would be snd-aoa-codec-toonie but I think your
model is onyx rather than toonie.
hope this helps!