LiveDVD testing--iBook G4--updates (Israel)

Israel israeldahl at gmail.com
Mon May 12 03:09:54 UTC 2014

On 05/11/2014 09:09 PM, Fritz Hudnut wrote:

>     Date: Sun, 11 May 2014 16:09:40 -0500
>
>     I used something almost the same
>     live video=radeonfb:1024x768-32 at 60
>
>     I have used both utilities on an iBook with no problem.  You may try
>     setting your boot parameter to include the 60hz refresh.
>     >

>     --
>     Regards
>

> @Israel:
>
> OK, thanks kindly for that tip, yes, that did bring a clear desktop
> wallpaper, and Openbox conf manager opened, as well as other stuff . .
> . but, then the window dragging problem of erratic movement not
> following the mouse movement returned more strongly than when the
> wallpaper was low res. . . made up the difference in balancing the
> good clean desktop . . . with an equal or greater problem . . . .  Not
> enough chops to know how to fix that if I were to do an install . . .
> so, testing of the LiveDVD would continue on the iBook . . . .
>

> F/e.e.p.

Yeah... from what I have gathered it has something do do with this
current version of Xorg.  Though... this may be incorrect.  Of course
there is ALWAYS a way to get something to work in GNU/Linux... but it
just depends how dedicated you are to fixing it, and how much time you
have to spend finding out what it wrong.  But, on the other hand when
you fix a problem for anyone else who uses that software, or has certain
hardware, etc.. it is so nice!!  Even just contacting the people that
know how to fix it, and being the one to test until the problem is found
is extremely important.

Lubuntu keeps getting better and better with every single release.  The
apps (like the LXSession settings app) keep getting way more intuitive
and more useful.  The artwork keeps getting cleaner and more polished.
The LXDE components keep getting better (the persistent Volume
management in PCManFM was the one thing it was missing... oh wait...
deleting the trash off of USB devices is the other one)  Anyhow, Lubuntu
always has a special place for me.  It has saved computers that were
trash otherwise, and helped MANY people have 'brand new computers' that
run modern applications speedily!!