mplayer does not work in Lubuntu desktop beta2 32-bit

Israel israeldahl at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 15:25:51 UTC 2014

On 03/26/2014 09:45 AM, Nio Wiklund wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> The default multimedia player 'mplayer' does not work for me testing
> Lubuntu desktop beta2 32-bit
>
> 1. It wants a file /home/lubuntu/.mplayer/input.conf
> 2. After creating such a dummy file, even with
> lubuntu-restricted-extras, it does not recognize video files that were
> recognized some weeks ago, 'failed to recognize file format'
>
> Please test if it works for you, and if not, let us file a bug report
>
> Best regards
> Nio

I wonder if it works in other flavours?
Have you seen if there is a bug report for it yet?
Is anyone else running a different DE on a 32bit version?
I have a 32bit computer that I can look to see if it works if you like.
I have a Xubuntu live image from a few weeks ago, if you want me to test
it there.