Now this I disagree with

Israel israeldahl at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 18:04:51 UTC 2014

On 06/19/2014 11:01 AM, c. marlow wrote:

>> Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2014 06:20:36 -0500
>> From: israeldahl at gmail.com
>> To: lubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com
>> Subject: Re: Now this I disagree with
>>
>> On 06/18/2014 10:49 PM, c. marlow wrote:
>>>

>>> So phil should I re install LU back on top of xubuntu to be safe?
>>>
>>> Open a term:
>>>
>>> sudo apt-get install lubuntu desktop? or is it too late :(
>>>
>>> --- Christopher
>>>

>> You can always run:
>> sudo apt-get -f install
>> if you need to... Xubuntu/Lubuntu seem to play pretty nice together.
>> Unity/Lubuntu do not play nice together.
>> KDE/Anything(from my tests a few releases back) do not play nice together
>> JWM plays nice with everything, but it is a WM program not a DE..
>>
>> --
>> Regards
>>

> Hi Israel!
>
> What does your -f command do?
>
> Christopher

Hi,
-f stands for 'fix'
It resolves missing dependencies pretty well... there are other
commands.  dpkg has some useful ones.
I have done some really fun things to completely screw up my system
before, and then try to recover.
It can be seriously annoying, and horrendous at times... but I have
figured out how to recover *most* of the time... or at least I have
gotten better at it. :D